Other possible clubs include Staten Island & Westfield. Both had representatives present at Thursday’s founding meeting but scheduling again kept Dumont & Newark Sleepless Knights away. Hopefully they are still interested.
The entry deadline for clubs/teams is ,
The $10 per team entry fee must be received by
Rules changes and additions since the preliminary, December 4th meeting :
- The time control will be G/80 (rather than G/90).
- There will be 4 boards per team.
- The maximum 4-board average will be 1900.0
- If an unrated player is used, the average of the other players on his/her team must be 1900.0 or less.
- The 2008 USCF Annual Rating List will determine player ratings for the Winter-Spring 2009 season.
- Matches will take place at the West Orange CC on the 1st Tuesday of each month & start at 8 p.m. The paired teams have the option of playing elsewhere (within the given-month, if I remember correctly).
For example, if
Elected officers on Thursday :
- President - John Hagerty
- Vice President - John Moldovan
(John H. will be the acting treasurer & John M. will be the acting secretary.)
The next GSCL meeting will be at the USATE tournament in mid-February. Fliers about the league will be distributed there.
P.S. - Pete Tamburro and Steve Doyle’s chess column in tomorrow’s Newark Star-Ledger will mention the new league. Pick up a copy!