The 22nd Kenilworth Chess Club Championship will begin on Thursday, January 10th, 2013 and run through February 7th, 2013. Here are the details :
22nd KCC Championship
- 5-round Swiss
- January 10th-February 7th, 2012.
- Time Control: G/75+5 second delay.
- Rounds to start at 8:20 p.m. every Thursday, for the duration of the event.
- 1 half-point bye per player allowed.
- Prizes (tentative): Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Top U2000, Top U1800, Top U1600, Top U1400, Biggest upset.
- Tiebreaks: 1. Head to Head, 2. Modified Median, 3. Solkoff, 4. Cumulative.
- EF: $10 entry fee + $5 anti-forfeit deposit + dues (= $30 for most players).
- KCC and USCF memberships are required (KCC dues for 2013 are $7.50 for those age 17 or less, $10 for those age 65+, $15 for everyone else).
- Please register with TD Geoff McAuliffe during our 1/3 meeting or before 8:20 p.m. on 1/10 @ Kenilworth Community Center, 575 Boulevard, Kenilworth, N.J.
- Late-joins accepted until round 2 is paired.
Past Champions include LM Scott Massey (who has won the title 12x), Rene Ray (1996), FM Steve Stoyko (2005-2007), LM Mark Kernighan (2008), SM Yaacov Norowitz (2009), NM Arthur Macaspac (2010, 2012) and NM Ken Chieu (2011).
22 players took part in last year's event.