The Kenilworth Chess Club's annual, fun, friendly, yet highly competitive Summer Tournament starts tomorrow night at 8:00 p.m.
This year, in addition to cash prizes, a free NJ Open entry will be awarded to the top-scoring KCC member, courtesy of the NJSCF!
Here are the rules of the tournament:
- The tournament will run from June 1 through August 31.
- The event is non-rated.
- Entry Fee is $5 for club members, $7 for non-members. $5 of each EF goes into the prize fund.
- The time control is G/60.
- G/55+5 (delay) may be used if there is mutual agreement between paired players. Increment settings are not allowed.
- You may play anyone who is entered. The first time you play an opponent, the lower rated or unrated player has White. In subsequent games against the same opponent you alternate colors. If both players are unrated or have identical ratings, they toss for initial color.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- Games may begin at 8:00 p.m. in weeks 1-3 (June 1-15), 7:30 p.m. in weeks 4-14 (June 22-Aug. 31). No game may start later than 9:30 p.m.
- You may play up to 2 games per week. You may play those games simultaneously. You can skip weeks but the more you play the more points you can accumulate.
- You get one point for a win, a half-point for a draw and zero for a loss. No bye points are awarded.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- Prizes: 1st place: 50%. 2nd place: 30%. 3rd place: 10%. U1600: 10%. The top-scoring Kenilworth CC member will receive free entry to the 2017 NJ Open, courtesy of the NJSCF. The winner of our April 27-May 25 qualifier cannot win another free entry.
- Registration closes on July 27th. However, if there is an overwhelming turnout, the TD may cut-off entries as early as July 6th.
- Bring clocks. The club has a limited number for use.