Here are the rules :
- Entry Fee is $5.00 for KCC members; $6.00 for non-members.
- The tournament will run from June 11th through September 3rd.
- The time control is G/60.
- You may play anyone in the tournament. The first time you play an opponent, the lower rated player has white, in subsequent games against the same opponent you alternate colors.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- You get one point for a win, one half point for a draw, and zero for a loss.
- You may play as many or as few games as you like, but no more than two in one night. The more you play the more points you can win.
- All games are to be played at the Kenilworth Chess Club during normal operating hours.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- The prizes are 60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.
Among those expected to play in the event are : NM Mark Kernighan (who won in 2005), Greg Tomkovich (the 2006 victor), Ian Mangion (last year's undefeated runner-up) & yours truly (the defending champ).
As usual, Greg will direct.
Important Note - The calendar on the the club site is wrong. For future reference, use the link on my sidebar.