The Kenilworth Chess Club has scheduled a Partner Tournament for this Thursday (September 18) and a Blitz Tournament for next week (September 25).Here are the details for the events:
TD: John Moldovan.
- Lower-rateds get to pick their partner for the 3 games.
- Higher-rated partner may switch his team's playing order up to 3 times per game.
- Otherwise, partners will alternate moves.
- Lower-rated player on a team gets to play his team's 1st move in each game.
- A player may only tell his partner "be careful", "take your time", "watch our time" or "help!"
- Only the higher-rated partner can offer draws, accept draws, or resign a game.
- Score-keeping is optional but will be necessary for claims.
3-SS. 2 games per round.
EF: $3 KCC members, $5 non-members.
Prize Fund: $3 x number of players.
Prize distribution: TBA.
TD: Geoff McAuliffe or Bob Sherry.