Minutes of the Kenilworth Chess Club's 2014 Business Meeting:
- Those in attendance included Ziggy Bliznikas, Mark Kernighan, Scott Massey, Pat Mazzillo, Geoff McAuliffe, Jack McCorkell, Joe Renna, Luis Ruales, Ed Selling, Bob Sherry, Lou Sturniolo, and John Moldovan.
- President Moldovan announced he would not seek re-election or accept any appointment. He advised a club path for 2015 that included more lectures and seeking an earlier starting time.
- Treasurer McAuliffe reported that, following a donation to the Kenilworth Recreation Department and payment for the Holiday Party, the club will only break even this year and warned that we may not be able to keep our website when renewal is due.
- Bob Sherry was elected President for 2015.
- Joe Renna was elected Vice-President.
- Geoff McAuliffe was re-elected as Treasurer.
- There was no voting for Secretary, Webmaster, Tournament Director and Trustee. Those nominated for the 1st 2 positions declined or were not present. The other posts were not even discussed. The club will attempt to fill the 4 vacancies by soliciting nominations and voting via email.
- The club will not sponsor any USATE entries in 2015.
- The price of Regular membership dues ($15) and Senior membership dues ($10) will remain the same. Junior membership dues have been increased to $10.
- After a long discussion on the Club Championship, the attendees agreed to a two-section, USCF-rated tournament with a 6-8 player RR in the top group & a 5-7 round RR or Swiss in the lower section. To play in the top you must have an 1800+ rating.
The event will start March 26. It could conclude as early as April 23rd and as late as May 14. The cost to join will be dues (1 full year) + $10 entry fee + a $10 anti-forfeit deposit (=$35 for most players). The time-control was not discussed and will have to be addressed when details are finalized.
- A motion to hold another meeting in late May was approved.
- Finally, the Kenilworth CC approved the Westfield CC's offer to cross-honor memberships in 2015. Kenilworth members will be able to play in Westfield's events, at a discount, and play in the WCC Championship. Westfield members will get a weeknight venue and the right to play in the KCC Championship.