Friday, January 12, 2007

#55 Record 19-Player Field For 2007 KCCC!

The worries about a potentially small 2007 Kenilworth Club Championship field were dispelled last night as many late entries swelled the number of hopefuls to a record 19.

Headlining the 5-player Open section are 2-time defending titlest FM Steve Stoyko (2310), many-time KCCC winner NM Scott Massey (2220) & last year's runner-up, NM Mark Kernighan (2200).

Among those signed for the 14-player Under 1800 section are 2006 Kenilworth Summer Tournament victor Greg Tomkovich (1759), 2006 KCCC U1800 runner-up Ed Selling (1694) & Mike Wojcio (1648).

2006 KCCC U1800 Champ Bob Pelican, expert Michael Goeller & 3-time Kenilworth G/30 winner Ari Minkov are the most notable absentees.

The top group will play a double round-robin. The lower group is currently slated as a 13-round all-play-all event but that is subject to change.

2 comments:

Michael Goeller said...

Thanks for the update. I hope to see games -- including what I heard was a draw you had in the first round against a Master?

I will not be able to play due to many pressing commitments on the work front. But I will visit next week. Maybe you can help to collect games?

Chess Coroner said...

3 games are up now, including Stoyko-Kernighan & my draw with Scott Massey.

I have 1 other score (Renna-Sokolosky) that I miscopied while simultaneously monitoring Steve & Mark's post-mortem.

Any help in collecting the games would be greatly appreciated, including having the players use carbon scoresheets & giving the TD a copy.

So, I look forward to your visit.