The annual Kenilworth Summer Tournament starts tonight. Club Champion Mark Kernighan and 2006 KST-winner Greg Tomkovich are expected to be among those competing.
For those unfamiliar with the event, here are the rules we used last year plus the dates of this year's tourney :
1. Entry Fee : $5.00
2. The event will run from June 5 through August 28, 2008.
3. Time control : G/60
4. You may play anyone in the tournament. The first time you play an opponent, the lower-rated player gets White. In subsequent games against the same opponent, you will alternate colors.
5. You may not play the same opponent more than four times.
6. You get one point for a win, a half-point for a draw and zero for a loss.
7. You may play as many or as few games as you like. The more you play, the more points you can accumulate. Maximum 2 games per night.
8. The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
9. The prizes will be 60% for first place, 30% for second and 10% for third (rounded to the nearest dollar).
10. Email results to Tournament Director Greg Tomkovich
Links to my coverage of previous Summer Tournaments
2007 : standings stats PGN
2006 : standings overview PGN
for more on 2006 & for 2005 coverage, check The Kenilworthian's archives.