TD Geoff McAuliffe & unrated junior Braden Reinoso late-joined. The latter will, however, just be a fill.
2nd round synopsis, pairings & results:
- Two of the top 4 seeds were upset, as Mark Kernighan lost a big lead vs. Richard Lewis & Mark Schwarcz fell to Glen Hart.
- Ian Mangion got a big gift as I tricked myself into a loss, from an equal position.
- Joe Renna came from way behind to beat Dan Komunicky & Ted Mann did the same versus Jim Cole.
- Newcomer Reinoso played well against Lou Stuniolo for 27 moves but then went down quickly.
- Don Carrelli, Arthur Macaspac & Mike Wojcio also won.
- Lewis 1-0 Kernighan
- Mangion 1-0 Moldovan
- Hart 1-0 Schwarcz
- Carrelli 1-0 Pawlowski
- McAuliffe 0-1 Macaspac
- Wojcio 1-0 Shiffman
- Renna 1-0 Komunicky
- Mann 1-0 Cole
- Reinoso 0-1 Sturniolo
Java-replay for this round.
PGN for this round.
ChessBase archive with all the games & blanks.
Standings, after 2 of 5 rounds:
= 1-4. Mangion, Carrelli, Lewis, Hart 2.0
5. Macaspac 1.5
= 6-13. Kernighan, Schwarcz, Moldovan, Pawlowski, Wojcio, Mann, Sturniolo, Renna
=14-16. McAuliffe, Kruglyak, Reinoso 0.5
=17-19. Komunicky, Shiffman, Cole 0.0