The Kenilworth CC's Summer Tournament starts tonight at 8 p.m.!!
Here are the rules :
- Entry Fee is $5.00
- The tournament will run from June 3rd through August 26th.
- The time control is G/60.
- You may play anyone in the tournament. The first time you play an opponent, the lower rated player has white, in subsequent games against the same opponent you alternate colors.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- You get one point for a win, one half point for a draw, and zero for a loss.
- You may play as many or as few games as you like, but no more than two in one night. The more you play the more points you can win.
- All games are to be played at the Kenilworth Chess Club during normal operating hours.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- The prizes are 60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.
Last year's field featured a record 24 players.
Past winners of this popular, unrated event include NM Scott Massey (2004), NM Mark Kernighan (2005), Greg Tomkovich (2006), Ari Minkov (2007), John Moldovan (2008) & Ian Mangion (2009).