The Kenilworth Chess Club's fun, friendly, yet highly competitive Summer Tournament starts tomorrow night at 9:15 p.m. This year we will have 2 sections: Open and U1200.
Here are the rules :
- Entry Fee is $5.00 per section.
- The tournament will run from June 9th through August 25th.
- The event is not rated.
- The time control is G/60.
- G/55+5 (delay or increment) may be used if there is mutual agreement between paired players.
- You may play anyone in your section. The first time you play an opponent, the lower rated player has white, in subsequent games against the same opponent you alternate colors.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- You get one point for a win, one half point for a draw, and zero for a loss.
- You may play as many or as few games as you like, but no more than two in one night. The more you play the more points you can win.
- All games are to be played at the Kenilworth Chess Club during normal operating hours.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- The prizes are 60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.
Past winners of this popular, unrated event include NM Scott Massey (2004), NM Mark Kernighan (2005), Greg Tomkovich (2006), John Moldovan (2008), Ian Mangion (2009) and Ari Minkov (2007, 2010).
Please remember that the Kenilworth CC will not have access to the Community Center until 9:15 p.m. tomorrow because a CPR class is being taught there.
Rounds 2-12 will begin at our usual starting time (8 p.m.).