Mark Kernighan beat me in 18 moves again while Ari Minkov defeated Max Sherer. With 2 games to go Mark leads Ari by a half-point.
TD Geoff McAuliffe decided to change the format to a single RR plus U1800 & U1400 playoffs.
The U1800 qualifiers, so far, are :
- Ian Mangion (= 1st in the 'A' group)
- Mike Wojcio (= 1st in the 'A' group)
- Joe Demetrick (clinched a share of the 'B' group crown).
Glen Hart can knot Joe D. by beating Justin Roach next week.
The U1400 participants are :
- Bert Shiffman (= 3rd in the 'A' group)
- Joe Renna (= 3rd in the 'A' group)
- Chris Lim (5th in the 'B' group)
Last night there was one regular U1800 game :
- Demetrick 1-0 Roach
... and two playoff games :
- Mangion 1-0 Wojcio
- Lim 0-1 Renna
Also, due to the U1800 event being shortened :
- last week's Agress-Wojcio & Shiffman-Mangion will not count in the RR standings but will be USCF-rated as extra games
- Jim Cole's results stand & his remaining opponents (Yampolskiy, Lim, Roach) get full points.
Finally, here are the updated, standings for the Open, U1800-A, U1800-B sections and... 4 of the 8th-round games in replay & PGN. 3 are annotated.
Demetrick-Roach amended 3/9 @ 12:23 p.m.