Wednesday, June 27, 2007

#164 Kenilworth 4.5 W. Orange 1.5

The Kenilworth Chess Club won its 3rd straight road match with a 4.5-1.5 win at West Orange last night.

Kenilworth fell into 0-1 hole, due to a board 6 forfeit (Where was Joe Renna??), but Ari Minkov tied the score at 1, I kept things level, Joe Demetrick provided a 2.5-1.5 lead, Mark Bilenky clinched the match & Mark Kernighan put the icing on the cake.

The only game I can present, at the moment, is my mistake-filled fight with Guido (aka "Mike") Rodriguez (replay... PGN). He missed a win on turn 25 (a simple tactic) & I overlooked one at move 36 (an underlying Q sac) :


Rodriguez-Moldovan
after 36.Qxb7??

Black to win

Please come back Friday for more coverage on this event & round 4 of the Summer Tournament.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that I could not make it to the event. I was overwhelmed by work and could not break away. I should have called. My apologies to all.

Congrats on the win.

Joe Renna