Here are the rules :
- The 2014 Summer Tournament will run from June 5th through August 28th.
- The entry fee is $5.00.
- The event is not rated.
- The time control is G/60.
- G/55+5 (delay) may be used if there is mutual agreement between paired players. Increment settings are not allowed.
- You may play anyone who is entered. The first time you play an
opponent, the lower rated or unrated player has White. In subsequent
games against the same opponent you alternate colors.
If both players are unrated or have identical ratings, they toss for initial color.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- All games are to be played at the Kenilworth Chess Club during normal operating hours.
- You may play up to 2 games per week. You can skip weeks but the more you play the more points you can accrue.
- You get one point for a win, one half point for a draw and zero for a loss. No bye points are awarded.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- The prizes are 60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.
Bob Sherry won last year and in 2012. Other past winners of this popular event include LM Scott Massey (2004), LM Mark Kernighan (2005, 2011), Greg Tomkovich (2006), Ari Minkov (2007, 2010), John Moldovan (2008) and Ian Mangion (2009).