The 26th Kenilworth Chess Club Championship starts tonight!
Registration ends at 8:25. Games will begin at 8:30.
Additional details below.
John Moldovan won last year.
Other past Champions include LM Scott Massey (who has won the title
12x!!), Rene Ray (1996), FM Steve Stoyko (2005, 2006, 2007), LM Mark
Kernighan (2008, 2015), IM Yaacov Norowitz (2009), LM Arthur Macaspac
(2010, 2012), NM Ken Chieu (2011) and IM Praveen Balakrishnan (2013,
Round by round coverage of the tournament will be posted on the KCC Tournaments Blog and/or the Chess Coroner Blog.
- 5 to 7 rounds. 2 sections: Championship & Reserve.
- The Championship Section will be a 6 to 8
player Round-Robin. Participants will include the top 4-6 rated players
entered plus the 2016 Kenilworth CC Champion. The 2016 Reserve Section
winner may also play in this section, if he so chooses.
- The Reserve Section will be a Swiss or RR & be the same length as the Championship Section.
- G/75 with 5 second delay time control.
- Rounds will commence at 8:30 p.m. on
January 12, 19 & 26 + February 2 & 9. If 6th & 7th rounds is
necessary, they will be played on February 23rd & March 2nd.
- Postponed games from Rounds 1-5 will be made-up on February 16. Postponed games from rounds 6-7 would be made-up on March 9.
- Cost: $10 entry fee + dues + $5 anti-forfeit deposit = $35 for most players.
- KCC membership is required. Dues for 2016 are $10 for age 17 or less, $10 for those age 65+, $20 for everyone else.
- Prize Fund: 100% of EF returned.
- Prizes per section, b/6 players: 1st $30, 2nd $20, 3rd $10.
- Register with Treasurer Geoff McAuliffe before 8:25 p.m. on 1/12 @ Kenilworth Community Center, 575 Boulevard, Kenilworth, N.J.
- Late-joins allowed prior to round 2, at
the TD's & Club President's discretion. For example: The late-joiner
would make an even number of players in a section.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to make changes as are deemed necessary for the good maintenance of the tournament.